Sunday 7 November 2010

The beauty of Stourhead Gardens and capturing the little ones

                                                                   Stourhead Gardens

I have been spending so much time at the computer, creating my new website, that I felt it was time to get some fresh air on my face and to enjoy the autumnal display, before it was over for another year.

Today we went to Stourhead Gardens in Wiltshire, like the rest of the southwest I think!
 It was rather busy but that didn't effect our enjoyment. Everyone had their cameras at the ready to capture the amazing views. The above photograph is very rare for me. I don't usually do landscapes, preferring the closer detail but I just had to capture this one.

Whilst everyone was photographing the magnificent trees, I spotted the most amazing lichen on a branch.

                                                                      Lichen on a branch

and whilst everyone was traipsing along the path, not really looking closely, I saw this heart shaped stump.



There is so much more to see when you look really closely.

Although I have photographed the humble hydrangea many times, I am always compelled to photograph their papery flowers. 

                                                                            Hydrangea

I have had an amazing time these past few weeks, photographing children for my new portrait business.

I have been thinking about doing this for the past 2 years and have finally found the courage to go ahead with my ideas.

I used to work with children many years ago and had an absolute ball, so tying that up with my photography is the perfect match.

My style of photography is contemporary. I have taken my lead from the American children's portrait scene which is much more relaxed and less posed than the British.

Whilst my website is under construction, I have a facebook page which I would love you to visit and 'Like' if you do, of course. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poole-United-Kingdom/Louise-Jolley-Photography/113059648757957
Just a small sample of my images. There will be lots more on my website plus lots of information about the products I will be offering, how you can display them plus the current trends in wall decoration.

A busy, busy time but there is method in my madness.

Photographing plants and children, just makes my heart sing. After practising my craft for the past 15 years, or so, I finally feel in control. Well as in control as you can be when photographing little ones. You just have to go with the flow.

My love of photography started with the portraits taken by Henri Cartier-Bresson. I photographed my children when they were little and then turned to objects which didn't move, loving their predictability. I have now turned full circle and just love the unpredictability of photographing children. Photographing that moment, whilst they keep still for just a second or two, if I'm lucky and capturing their personality, in an image, which will last a lifetime.

                                                             Louise Jolley Photography

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin